Over the past few days, we’ve somehow seen an increase in server resources usage. As a result, scan areas were becoming spotty.
We were able to create 4 more virtual machines to help spread the load of the scans and reduce the stress some of our servers were experiencing. This has overall gave some of our servers some breathing room. The scan results look promising.
Some areas are still affecting by “patchiness”. These areas are being handled on a case-by-case basis. The following areas have been reset to do full rescans to ensure spawnpoints are re-identified:
- Gaithersburg, MD (Montgomery County)
- Wheaton, MD (Montgomery County)
- Reston, VA (Northern Virginia)
- West Loveland, CO (Front Range)
- Arts District, CO (Denver)
- Yorktown, VA (Hampton Roads North)
- Boulder, CO (Front Range)
- North Baltimore, MD (Baltimore)
- Spawnpoints will be identified within the first 2 hours of the scan.
- Spawnpoints will be verified to determine the type of spawnpoint duration they are.
- Alerts for pokemon with under 1 minute left are expected to appear over the next 24 hours.
- The timers are expected to be inaccurate during this process.