New Domain & Datacenter
We’ve been saying this for a month but the time is now – our new datacenter is live with our databases and maps. Along with the new datacenter is our new domain pogoalerts.net. Our main sites haven’t migrated yet but the maps have. As with anything new, there may be a few hiccups so please bare with us as we fine tune things. Our end goal is to provide you with a faster, more stable environment.
When you go to your favorite maps you will see that you are redirected to the new Url. Here is a list of the new Urls:
- VA – Richmond – https://va-rva.pogoalerts.net
- CO – Denver – https://co-denver.pogoalerts.net
- VA – Roanoke Valley – https://va-rv.pogoalerts.net
- VA – Northern Virginia – https://va-nova.pogoalerts.net
- MD – Montgomery County – https://md-moco.pogoalerts.net
- VA – Central – https://va-central.pogoalerts.net
- VA – New River Valley – https://va-nrv.pogoalerts.net
- MD – Baltimore – https://md-baltimore.pogoalerts.net
- CO – Front Range – https://co-frontrange.pogoalerts.net
- VA – Hampton Roads – https://va-hr.pogoalerts.net
- FL – Broward – https://fl-broward.pogoalerts.net
- TX – Dallas – https://tx-dallas.pogoalerts.net
- FL – Miami – https://fl-miami.pogoalerts.net
- FL – Tampa – https://fl-tampa.pogoalerts.net
- FL – Palm Beach – https://fl-palmbeach.pogoalerts.net
- FL – Gulf Coast – https://fl-gulfcoast.pogoalerts.net
- FL – North – https://fl-north.pogoalerts.net
- NY – Westchester – https://ny-westchester.pogoalerts.net
I mentioned earlier that we were paying close attention to the development community of certain rumblings. Nothing official has been announced yet but there are many reports that rare spawns no longer appear for accounts that have been “flagged”. In many cases, old accounts are considered “flagged” so only common spawns appear.
This is yet another blow to the mapping community, but once again, nothing has been announced officially so we are trying to come up with a workaround. As or right now, the only workaround is to supply ALL new accounts for our scans. This is a major undertaking so we will try to consider other options when we see them.
In the meantime, you will notice that only common Pokemon will be alerted and appear on the maps. Also, it’s likely that the timers will be off as well since only commons are found and spawnpoint timers can’t be fully determined.
We will begin adding new accounts in on Monday so we can at least report back the goods for you all.